DUBLIN, July 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Global Autonomous Marine Vehicles Market Report 2022” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global market for autonomous marine vehicles is expected to grow from $1,994.26 million in 2021 for $2,298.08 million in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.2%. The market is expected to grow to reach $4,147.97 million in 2026 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9%.
North America was the largest region in the Autonomous Marine Vehicles Market in 2021. Middle East was the second largest region in the autonomous marine vehicle market. The regions covered in this report are Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South Americathe Middle Eastand Africa.
The market for autonomous marine vehicles is driven by an increase in hydrographic, oceanographic and environmental studies conducted globally. A hydrographic survey measurement describes and maps features that can be found underwater. The main objective of carrying out these surveys is to produce navigational charts essential to the safe transit of ships. Oceanographic survey aids in accurate understanding of marine and freshwater environments, for port and harbor development, sewage and industrial discharges, power plant intakes/discharges and offshore discharges.
An autonomous surface vehicle (ASV) provides an efficient method of undertaking a hydrographic survey, as it saves both time and money. It is also flexible and convenient, allowing faster deployment for multiple survey requirements, from occurrence surveys to large coastal surveys.
Vulnerability of ships to cyber threats due to automation is a major constraint for the autonomous marine vehicle market. This is primarily because cyberspace and its associated infrastructure are vulnerable to a diverse range of risks from cyber threats and attacks. The use of automation that eliminates the need for human intervention on ships and in ports increases the risk of security breaches.
A cyberattack can mislead an autonomous ship to move in a different direction or move to a separate port, which can lead to misplacement and delay of goods and services. For example, container ship and supply ship operator AP Moller-Maersk suffered a cyberattack that resulted in the loss of approximately $250-300 million for the company. According to a survey by law firm Clyde & Co and the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology (IMarEST), more than two-thirds of maritime industry executives surveyed around the world are concerned that unmanned vessels /autonomous pose a greater cybersecurity risk than traditional vessels.
The swarming of maritime drones for better surveillance and investigation capabilities is an emerging trend in the autonomous marine vehicle market. Maritime drone swarms are a large group of underwater vehicles moving together for a particular purpose. The drone swarm has a wide range of capabilities in defense applications as it is capable of performing surveillance and investigation tasks followed by defensive or offensive countermeasures.
As the swarm works collectively to navigate the underwater environment, it detects a wider area in record time using multiple detection techniques to build a comprehensive map of the environment.
1) By type: surface vehicle; underwater vehicle
2) By application: military and defense; Archaeological; Exploration; Petroleum gas; Environmental protection and monitoring; Search and rescue operations; Oceanography
3) By technology: Imaging; Navigation; Communication; collision avoidance; Propulsion
Main topics covered:
2. Characteristics of the Autonomous Marine Vehicles Market
3. Autonomous Marine Vehicles Market Trends and Strategies
4. Impact of COVID-19 on Autonomous Marine Vehicles
5. Autonomous Marine Vehicles Market Size and Growth
6. Autonomous Marine Vehicles Market Segmentation
7. Regional and Country Analysis of the Autonomous Marine Vehicles Market
8. Asia-Pacific Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
9. China Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
10. India Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
11. Japan Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
12. Australia Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
13. Indonesia Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
14. South Korea Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
15. Western Europe Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
16. UK Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
17. Germany Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
18. France Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
19. Eastern Europe Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
20. Russia Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
21. North America Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
22. UNITED STATES Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
23. South America Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
24. Brazil Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
25. Middle East Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
26. Africa Autonomous Marine Vehicle Market
27. Autonomous Marine Vehicles Market Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles
28. Major Mergers and Acquisitions in the Autonomous Marine Vehicles Market
29. Autonomous Marine Vehicles Market Future Prospects and Potential Analysis
- ASV Unmanned Marine Systems
- Electronic Atlas
- Teledyne Technologies
- CEA Group
- Sea Robotics Inc.
- Liquid Robotics
- Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
- BAE systems
- Ocean Aero Inc./Ocean Server Technology Inc.
- Kongsberg Gruppen/Kongsberg Maritime
- textron inc.
- Saab Ab/SAAB Seaeye
- BAE systems
- international 5G
- Deep ocean engineering
- EvoLogics GmbH
- Bluefin Robotics
- Lockheed Martin Company
- Maritime Tactical Systems (Martac)
- Teledyne Technologies
- MAP Marine Technologies
- Elbit systems
- Pelorus Naval Systems
- Boston Engineering Society
- Rolls Royce
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5rjuep
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets